As a Junior Threat Hunter & Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting the team in monitoring the security posture of our clients’ networks, systems, and applications. You will be part of a team that provides round-the-clock security monitoring, threat detection, incident response, and remediation services to our clients.
Detection and Response
An exciting opportunity has arisen in JUMPSEC’S Detection and Response Team (DART) where we are looking for a Junior Threat Hunter & Analyst who is passionate for cybersecurity, naturally inquisitive and hard working!
This is an entry-level role that provides a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in the cybersecurity industry. You will work alongside experienced security professionals and will be exposed to a variety of security technologies and tools. If you love to learn and enjoy working as part of a team, then this job is a great fit for you.
- Monitor security events and alerts to identify potential security incidents.
- Assist in conducting investigations of security incidents, determining the root cause, and developing and executing a remediation plan.
- Work with clients and internal teams to ensure that security controls are properly configured, managed, and maintained.
- Generate and review reports on security events, incidents, and trends to identify opportunities for improvement and enhance the overall security posture of the clients.
- Stay up to date with the latest security trends, tools, and techniques to continuously improve the quality of service delivered to the clients.
How to apply
Please send us a little about yourself and what you would like to achieve in the next 2-3 years to [email protected]. Closing date is the 5th June 2023, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
For more information on who we are what we do, please visit www.jumpsec.com.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience in cybersecurity, preferably in a SOC or MSSP environment would be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of security monitoring tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and threat intelligence platforms.
- Basic understanding of network protocols, operating systems, and security technologies.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages such as Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with clients and internal teams.
- Relevant certifications such as SANS SEC+, CompTIA Security+, or GIAC GSEC are a plus.
This role requires regular on-site working for a flexible 2 days per week. Our office is located in Acton, London. Benefits includes a company workplace pension, 25 days holiday including bank holidays, company social events, summertime hours and much more.
Great people are at the heart of JUMPSEC, and diversity and inclusion are at the core of our company culture. JUMPSEC welcomes individuals from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and genders. Diverse perspectives and ideas contribute positively to the uniqueness of our brand and enable the creative problem solving that our clients value.