Application Penetration Testing is a key part of the assurance lifecycle for digital systems and assets, to ensure they meet internal and external compliance requirements and limit exposure to cyber risks.
An Application Penetration Test ensures that users are only able to perform actions they are intended to, and that the application implements sufficient measures to protect users by limiting an attacker’s ability to abuse a compromised account. This is achieved by identifying any vulnerabilities present in an application that could be used by an authenticated or unauthenticated attacker to:
- Gain unauthorized access to information.
- Perform malicious actions within the application.
- Compromise other application users.
- Escalate privileges within the application.
- Compromise the application’s underlying infrastructure.
Application Penetration Testing is suitable for both internal- and external-facing applications (including web and mobile applications). It is designed to identify vulnerabilities that could affect the confidentiality, integrity or availability of systems and the data they process.
Penetration Testing is critical to establishing a robust security baseline for your applications. Assuring the health of digital systems and applications is vital to business continuity and a core component of effective risk management, to ensure the resilience of the critical business services that your digital systems and technologies underpin.
Regularly testing your digital applications is essential for organisations who are reliant on digital systems and technologies to provide their business services. Particularly organisations whose business strategy relies on the adoption of innovative technologies to drive business performance and success should take care to ensure their digital dependencies are secured.
JUMPSEC recommends that all organisations who are dependent on evolving digital systems and applications incorporate regular testing into their ongoing security assurance programme
JUMPSEC application penetration testing will allow you to:
- Translate complex technical risks into business terms that demonstrate the value of cyber security investment in terms of business risk reduction
- Enable the timely identification and remediation of vulnerabilities which could be exploited by an attacker to cause harm to your business.
- Build resilience against realistic attacker techniques by simulating the ways that a real-world attacker will target the application.
- Increase confidence in the security posture of your digital assets to build the trust of your internal stakeholders and external authorities, customers, and partners alike.
- Satisfy a range of compliance requirements with a comprehensive report detailing vulnerabilities identified and recommended remedial actions prioritised by risk.